BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Does This Book Make Me Look Fat? Review

Wow, it's been a week since I updated... Testing has been going on at my school, and we just finished. YAY! So I've (GASP) been not wanting to read as much, so I've just been playing cards in homeroom, talking to friends, etc. But it's over, and I'm back to my bookish self!





Title: Does This Book Make Me Look Fat?
Author: Various authors, edited by Marissa Walsh
Pages: 216 pp
MSRP: S16.00
Publisher: Clarion Books
Rating: * * * * */5

This book finally rescued me from my low ratings. It's hilarious, true, and revealing, plus it makes you feel better about yourself- truth is, it sucks for EVERYONE to try on jeans.
The book is a collection of 14 authors, each one magnificent, and it's edited by Marissa Walsh, who wrote the intro. It's a collection of not just short stories- there's a verse-story, true stories of people who had issues with themselves like everyone else, and there's even a comic. My personal one was Pretty, Hungry, the verse one, which was by Ellen Hopkins. Some of the authors were ones whose work you've heard of and maybe love, like Ellen Hopkins or Jaclyn Moriarty, others are more famous for adult-targeted books, like Wendy Shanker.
It made me laugh, cry a little because it was so sad how people with eating disorders treat themselves, and made me feel better about my own body. It's nice to know other people go through the same thing!
There's also a chapter in the back called Supplements, which has lists of good songs, movies, web sites, TV shows, and books.
Everyone can relate to this book, even perfect pretty-popular types (especially the Mirror, Mirror story by Megan Maccaferty). You must read!
P.S. No, this book doesn't make you look fat.

Oh, and before I go, you should know I survived a tornado yesterday. Yup, cheer! And I didn't even end up in Kansas (low blood sugar, sorry for the lame Oz reference. I'll eat an apple and get back to you. ;)) It blew through Kentucky, there was a funnel cloud right over my school, and I got out early, right in the middle of the storm. Smart. One good thing: They let us have our cell phones out, so we could call parents, but I just texted my friend in the classroom across the hall.
Peace out! -Meggin

My Blogoversary!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors Since June 28th 2009