Hey people! I'm reading a lot of books at the same time in short snippets lately, so not much is getting done, but the ones I'm working on are all almost finished; be prepared for a sudden storm of reviews. I'm ashamed to say that I copied this from "Valentina's Room" blog, in a little text on the side column. I thought it was really cool, I'm putting it at the bottom; I've tweaked it a little, though, with new "amendments" and cutting parts off, maybe. So without further ado, the Reader's Rights!
The Reader's Rights
- The right to read.
- The right NOT to read.
- The right to not finish books.
- The right to skip pages.
- The right to skim instead of truly reading.
- The right to reread.
- The right to read anything.
- The right to read banned books.
- The right to mistake a book for real life.
- The right to read anywhere.
- The right to read out loud.
- The right to be quiet.
- The right to fall in love with characters in books.
- The right to know what everyone else is reading.
- The right to have too many books.
- The right to carry a book wherever you go.
Funny, and cute, right? Well, I thought so. I added a lot, skipped a few that I didn't get (The right to "dip in"? Anyone able to explain? May be Irish slang, blog I got this from is Irish...?). If you have any to add, just leave them in a comment! And feel free to ad this to your blog, if you like it.
Oh, in other news, I'm not doing so good on the Dessen challenge. I have already read Lock and Key, which I loved and hated at the same time, and have just started Someone Like You. But I have to buy the others, so it'll take a while.