BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm Published! *Sort of*

Weeeeeellll, the title is kinda misleading. No, I didn't get any of my works published :) I DID however, get a false identity as an author :) I got this from Sara, who got it from Margo, who got it from the recesses of her mind :) I thought it sounded fun, so here it is, steps courtesy of Sara:


1 – Go to “Fake Name Generator” or click http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/The name that appears is your author name.


2 – Go to “Random Word Generator” or click http://www.websitestyle.com/parser/randomword.shtml The word listed under “Random Verb” is your title.


3 – Go to “FlickrCC” or click http://flickrcc.bluemountains.net/index.php Type your title into the search box. The first photo that contains a person is your cover.


4 – Use Photoshop, Picnik, or similar to put it all together. Be sure to crop and/or zoom in.


5 – Post it to your site along with this text.


If I were an author, this would be my debut book cover:






I really like this one :) You can actually read it since I used Picnik :) The name is Keena Donelson

I've been trying to redo my photo on photoshop. I hate it, it makes my hands hurt and it's so complicated :( GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Curse you, Photoshop! *Tortured whisper-yell* Curse... you...


Ahem. *pats hair* Just kidding :) Not about Photoshop making me mad, but about the freakout.

Anyways. :D



I know my cover doesn't look that good, but this was my first experience with Photoshop. Now you see why I had Sara make me a button for the ABCA challenge :)


UPDATE: I changed the cover, redid the whole process. I'm going to use Picnik instead, since Margo helped me with how to do it :) Thanks BTW! (Keena Donelson: Pinpoint)



P.S. Sorry I've been posting so much over the summer! I don't have anything else to do, so I have to force my jabberings on y'all :)

P.P.S. Haha, I'm SO addicted to Picnik now :P

8 comments:

margo said...

I have no problem with all your postings :) I did not create this idea but thanks for thinking I did. Actually the real credit goes to Travis at 100scopenotes.wordpress.com.

I don't like/know how to use photoshop so I used Picnik and it was super easy for me (I'm not the best at being all tech savvy :P) Hahah but I know about frustration when the darn things don't go your way! If you go to Travi's page and tell him you created the YA cover he'll put it on his page. He's creating a YA Book Cover gallery!! :)

Meggin said...

I'm glad it's not annoying :) Oops! I'll go check out his site now.

I'm not techy either :) I tried Picnik, you're right it's really easy, but I couldn't figure out how to get words on it :( Oh, cool!

margo said...

Oh! You go to a tab on the upper left hand said and it says "ABC" or something like that. At fist I had the same problem. And then from there it easy.

Meggin said...

Oh! Thanks, I didn't see it before :)

Meggin said...

I'm going to redo the cover, since it's kind of... what;s the nice word? Well, since it's my work I'll come out and say it's crappy :S

Sara from DBR said...

Haha, I like it! It's got a nice background image. Keena Donelson is an awesome name :) Keena and Kai :L Sounds like anime.

Sunkissed said...

Yay! i did this too and it was so much fun!! i'm addicted to picnik now too!

xoxoxo
rachel

Meggin said...

Thanks Sara :) I kinda cheated- there weren't any ones with people and the others were... blech :P

I know, it's so fun isn't it?! :) I didn't know you have a blog- I'll go check it out on your profile :)

My Blogoversary!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors Since June 28th 2009