BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Movie Review: (500) Days of Summer

I just got back from the movies, after watching (500) Days of Summer. And I'm absolutely floored! I didn't think they make movies as good as this now (actually, at least 2 besides this one comes to mind- Whip-it! and Paper Heart- ah, 'tis a geek luvluvluv story I plan to see and lurve!), but obviously I was wrong.
As soon as it was five minutes in and they had their little Sid and Nancy breakup conversation at the diner, I knew this was a movie I would love. And I was right.
I kind of didn't want to see it at first, because I thought it would be yet another one of those sappy, oh-so-predictable love stories. And it wasn't- it was unexpected, utterly original, and just a story of... well, love that goes to deep to even do anything about it, so complicated and messy that you just have to move on.
At first, once it was over, I was a little angry. It seemed a bit anticlimactic. But now that I've thought about it it fits better with the story.
So overall, it's definitely something you should go see before it's out of theaters!
P.S. Another thing I love about this movie? Their love of The Smiths.

My Blogoversary!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors Since June 28th 2009