BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

They're BAAA-ACCCCK... *sob*

Remember this lovely little number pulled by publishers on Wuthering Heights?

Oh yes. The Bella and Edward's favorite book- according to the sticker.

BEHOLD. Here is where I would make more snarky comments. But frankly I'm too bitter at the present moment in time. Feel free to do my job for me in the comments. Don't be shy.



*sigh* But that's not even the worst.


Notice the caption, "The original forbidden love..."
And, of course, I can't leave without another version of the Wuthering Heights.

How much do you want to be some 10 year old picked this up thinking it was Twilight and threw it away upon discovering it wasn't?



{Insert further snarky commentary}

7 comments:

La Coccinelle said...

Oh, please make it stop!

(And the thought that a 10-year-old would pick up Twilight is very disturbing, too.)

Meggin said...

I know what you mean :P I'm especially sad over the Romeo and Juliet one. But hey, in the- unlikely- event someone picked it up thinking it was Twilight but reads it anyway, more power to whoever is publishing them :P

Sasha said...

This is getting WAY out of hand!! They are comparing Twilight to these books that have been around for hundreds of years. Ya wanna know something? Twilight isn't even GOOD!!! Aarrrghhh
xx

Rhiannon Hart said...

*Puke* Bad BAD publishers.

Cherry Diva said...

What is WRONG with people?!

**NeonGlitter** said...

What about for the people who, pick up a 'Bella and Edward's fave book' and haven't seen Twilight? They'd be like "Who? I don't get it." and then not buy the book, cos they're too confused. you stupid publishers ever think about this? HAVE YOU?!?!

Ooh, end of rant, going to a book sale :D

margaret said...

So I was at B&N the other day and there was a WHOLE Twilight table and then I saw "Nightlight" and it was a parody off of Twilight. But get this.....THEY WANTED $13.99 for a book with a 145 pages. I DON"T THINK SO even if the book mocked the most stupid teen novel ever.

But seriously - they need to stop making the classics look like "Twilight" - it's an insult to the real talent (NOT twilight)

My Blogoversary!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors Since June 28th 2009