BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 14, 2009

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson reivew



Title: Speak
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
Edition: Paperback, 10th Anniversary Edition, 2009
Publisher: Speak
MSRP (Paperback): $11.99
Rating: * * * * */5


I have no words for "Speak". It was unlike anything I've ever read before, and I only wish I could read more like it.

The brilliance of "Speak" is how absolutely NOTHING happens until the end- but it manages to be so fascinating. Melinda has a voice unlike any other- so strong, so real, so startlingly familiar, like your own, a voice every one, of any gender, race- anyone will understand. It's a voice that sticks with you, a voice you'll always be haunted by- a voice you need to listen to in the book, and soon.

No words describe emotions I felt from this book- which, despite its shortness, is why I'm ending this review here!

(That and I'm so tired sheep are counting me.)

0 comments:

My Blogoversary!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors Since June 28th 2009