BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 11, 2009

In My Mailbox July 11

Hi everyone :) Not much luck with books this week, nothing borrowed of for review- just library and some bought. Still good books though.
*The Revieved for Review:* None.

*Library:*



"Girls" is a bit too disturblingly pink for me, but I'll read it anyways- I need something totally chick-lit :)

"All American Girl", so far, is ok, but not Meg Cabot's best work.

Triple-shot Betty, I haven't started, but I'm pretty much required to read anything coffee related (which is why I like thew Cyd Charisse trilogy by Rachel Cohn so much)! My, how very.... PINK that cover is :L
The Musician's Daughter- Different plot from somethign I've read lately- I like it :) I haven't started it yet, so no comment on the writing style. I love the cover too- so mysterious.

Bound South: I FINALLY got it!!! I kept looking for this, but they couldn't find it... then yesterday I got it... *happy dance* I love that cover- so vibrant. Preeeeeetty... :) I want that dress so bad, and if I had to where those shoes I wouldn't be wearing them either :) Technically, this was in the regular fiction section, but only because a lot of the characters are grown-ups, soooooooo.... yup.

*The Bought*:



Reluctant Heiress: This was apparently formerly titled "Magic Flutes"... Wonder why it was republished? Anyways, I haven't read anything by Ibbotson but I've heard good things about it. So far, I don't like the formality of the writing, but I'm getting used to it.
Geektastic: OMG I love this book! I'm such a geek, and this book has only made me realize that fact :) Well, I'm not a Trekker or whatever, but I am a geek about booksand movies!
Now you know what I got... What did everyone else get?
Meggin





6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Nice books you got this week. Some of them do look rather pink but I hope you enjoy them all.

katie said...

Great books. All American Girl is okay but the sequel is better. Also, pretty much all of Eva Ibbotson's books are republished because they are so old. They were originally published in the 80's. Enjoy all your books!

Meggin said...

Rebecca: Thanks... I'm glad someone else understands the annoying pink factor :) What I've read of them are all good :)

Katie: I agree, I read some of the sequel first (Oops!) and it looks much better. I'm not holding this against Meg Cabot though... :)

0__o really? THAT old? Well, that would explain the writing style. Thanks, you too :)

Happy reading, Meggin

Collegiate Bookworm said...

I'm reading Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty right now, too! I own it though- Books A Million was having a sale :) I haven't really been able to get into it though. Slow beginning?

I haven't been able to get my hands on The Girls, yet, but I can't wait to read it. I love the movie it was based on- The Women. If you watch it, you'll see that there is not one single male in the entire movie, but it has such a focus on their relationships with men. So I thought that was pretty cool. I can't wait to hear what you think of the book!

Meggin said...

Cool :) You're right, it does have a kind of slow beginning, but I'm hoping it'll get better!

I hope you like it! It's kind of like the Private series- you know, smart beautiful populars, and then a new girl who doesn't know what to do about them?

I haven't seen the Women, but since I first read the description in the book I wanted to- so it's really good? That is cool, how it's just about their friendwhip. I hope you like it when you get it!

Sara L said...

Great haul Meggin - am jealous!!!

It's still called Magic Flutes in the UK - something Flutes anyway. I've been interested in it because I play the flute but I'll wait for your review before I buy/borrow!

My Blogoversary!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors Since June 28th 2009